Thursday, October 30, 2014

Deviled Eggs

I almost forgot about deviled eggs.  I forgot how much I like them and how much they remind me of fall.  So when I went to a party a few weeks ago, I made deviled eggs and they were a hit!  I have started seeing these on more menus for restaurants I have been to.  They are making a come back!  This is a great appetizer to bring to a party or even a starter for when you have a bunch of people coming over.
Ingredients;
 6 eggs
1/4 cup mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste
Chives (to garnish)
Sweet Paprika (to garnish)

Place the eggs in a pot with cold water on medium high heat.  Once the water has started to boil, boil the eggs for 3 minutes and then turn the heat off.  Set the pot to the side for 10 minutes.
 Strain the water from the pot.  Top the eggs with ice, and let them cool.
Once the eggs have cooled, crack the outside shell and remove the shell.  Cut the egg in half.
Remove the yolk and place in a bowl.
Add the mayonnaise, salt and pepper to the bowl and mix (using the mixer) until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Place the mixture into a bag, and cut the bottom of the bag.  Pipe the mixture back into the egg.
Sprinkle with chives or paprika or both.
Thyme 2 Taste...





TIP: You can also add a few drops of hot sauce to the egg mixture if you want to spice them up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment