Sunday, October 19, 2014

Beef Nachos with avocado

I have to admit - sometimes I get lazy in the kitchen and just want to make nachos.  I have never liked football, but a great excuse to make nachos is football haha
So, next time you sit down to watch a game or have some friends over, nachos are a great choice for a snack.  Not only do my mom and I have a ritual for nachos, every time she comes to town we make them.  I have kind of mastered making nachos, and I thought I would share my little secret...
Ingredients;

3/4lb - 1lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 bag of Tostitos scoops
1 jar salsa
1 package shredded cheese
2 roma tomatoes
1 avocado

Saute the ground beef in a pan, add the taco seasoning and 1/4 c of water.  Simmer until all the liquid has evaporated.
Preheat the oven on broil.  Using a teaspoon, scoop the ground beef mixture into each scoop individually.

After each scoop is full of beef, scoop in salsa.
Sprinkle with cheese.

Place the sheet in the oven, allowing the cheese to melt.  Since the oven is on broil, be careful to watch the nachos, so they don't burn.
Sprinkle with tomatoes and avocado.... serve  Thyme 2 taste.....


TIP: Use whatever cheese you like best.  Sometime I use a blend of cheddar and Mozzarella or whatever I have in the fridge.



No comments:

Post a Comment