Sunday, October 4, 2015

Spicy Greek Yogurt Marinated Chicken

I am constantly printing out recipes that I intend to make and then they get lost in my book of cut-outs.  So from time to time I go through my book and find something fun that I want to make.  I then realize I either don't have an ingredient or I just don' want to use some of the ingredients in the recipe.  With this recipe, I tried it first following the recipe and then I just modified it according to my taste.  The other day I brought this to a BBQ and it was completely different from when I originally started.  But hey, if it's good and everyone loves it, what's the harm in that?

Ingredients;
1 cup plain whole-milk Greek style yogurt
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
2 tsp dried crushed red pepper
1 tsp sweet paprika
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1 lemon, thinly sliced
2 lbs chicken thighs or breasts

Mix the first 7 ingredients into a small bowl.


 Pour into a bowl with chicken and add the lemon slices on top.
 Mix to coat the chicken.  Marinate overnight or for a few hours.
 Place on the grill for 20-25 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken.  If you're not sure if it's done yet, cut into the thickest part of the chicken to be sure it's ready.

Serve with some fun sides....
Thyme 2 Taste...


No comments:

Post a Comment