Saturday, July 26, 2014

Mild Italian Sausage

When someone, or actually anyone asks me if I want to make sausage, that is a guaranteed yes!  The one thing I have always wanted to try to make.... so I documented my first time and I have the recipe that I used so I can share it with you!

Ingredients

3lbs marbled pork shoulder, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
3 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp paprika
2 tsp toasted fennel seeds
1 1/2 Tbsp salt
1 Tbsp freshly cracked pepper
4 Tbsp minced fresh parsley leaves
2 tsp red pepper flakes
pork casings

Drop the pieces of pork into the meat grinder.
Roll the ground pork into medium size balls and pass the balls through the meat grinder again, on a finer setting.
Once all the meat has been ground, place the meat into a bowl and add the remainder of the ingredients.
Mix the herbs and spices into the meat.  Using the sausage attachment, stuff the sausage mix into the pork casings.  You definitely need a sous chef for this part.


Wrap the sausage into a circle as you stuff the casings.
After all of the sausage mix has been stuffed into the casings, twist into sausages.




Makes about 15 sausages.
If you do not have casings, you can make sausage patties or meatballs as an alternative.

Thyme 2 taste...




No comments:

Post a Comment