Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Amazing BBQ lunch in Denver!

We visited family in Denver last week.  The afternoon before our flight we ventured into Denver to find a great BBQ place.  With the help of Yelp, and many reviewers, we found a BBQ place that sounded delicious... now the hardest part - seeing if the the food lived up to the reviews!

As we walked through the door of Boney's Barbeque, my belly started getting excited and my eyes got bigger.  A super low key place, but it smelled amazing.

We ordered a full rack of ribs, pulled pork sandwich, side of sweet potato fries and coleslaw.  Originally I thought that was a little excessive, but when we sat down and started eating, I immediately wanted more!

The ribs were made with a dry rub.  There were 3 different BBQ sauces available, but the ribs did not need any sauce, they were delicious without it.  Very tender and juicy.  For the pork sandwich, we added some house BBQ sauce and coleslaw in the sandwich which gave it that crunch when you bite into it.  I always love topping pulled pork sandwiches with some coleslaw.  The sweet potato fries had some kind of seasoning on them.  I figured it was probably a salt and pepper blended spice.  Oh, and I cannot forget to mention that the corn bread is AMAZING.. moist and so tasty!  All around an amazing meal.

Below are some pictures of the food we tried... I barely had time to take pictures, the aroma was amazing, I had to grab a rib almost immediately.  I definately recommend stopping by this place if you're ever in Denver.

Thyme 2 Taste....
 Full rack of ribs
 Sweet potato fries, coleslaw and cornbread
 Pulled pork sandwich with house BBQ sauce and coleslaw


No comments:

Post a Comment