Sunday, March 13, 2016

Fried Cauliflower

I am one of those weird people that like cauliflower.  When I was growing up, my parents made cauliflower for dinner all the time and I loved it.  Maybe because it was fried?  I don't know but to this day, I still make it.  Oh, did I mention it's quick and easy and a perfect vegetarian dinner?

Ingredients;
1 large cauliflower
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 c milk
1/2 cup flour
2 cups breadcrumbs
salt to taste
soy sauce (for dipping) - optional

Cut the cauliflower into small pieces. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Beat your eggs in a bowl.  Add the milk.  Arrange your flour, egg and breadcrumbs.
 Dip the cauliflower in the flour, egg and then coat in breadcrumbs.
 Put the oil in a large pan and heat on high.  Once the oil is hot, add the cauliflower.  Turn the pieces until each side is fried golden brown.
 Place the pieces on a cookie sheet lined with paper towels.  Sprinkle with salt.
Place the pan into the oven for a bout 15 minutes to soften the cauliflower and it's ready to serve!
Thyme 2 Taste....
 You can eat it plain or dip it in soy sauce.... ranch dressing is always an alternative ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment